U.S. demand for refined petroleum products is forecast to total 6.2 billion barrels in 2021, according to “Refined Petroleum Products: United States,” a report released by Freedonia Focus Reports.
In the report, total demand and total production are segmented by type:
- distillate fuel
- jet fuel
- residual fuel
- other products such as asphalt, petroleum coke, and still gas
To illustrate historical trends, total demand, total production, the various segments, and trade are provided in annual series from 2006 to 2016.
Demand for gasoline, the largest segment, is expected to continue a structural decline as motor vehicles in use become more fuel efficient. Additionally, the costs associated with vehicle ownership represent a major constraint for millennials and others considering a first-time purchase, limiting demand.
- total historical market size and industry output
- segmentation by products and markets
- identification of market drivers, constraints, and key indicators
- segment-by-segment outlook in five-year forecasts
- a survey of the supply base
- suggested resources for further study
The Freedonia Group, in Cleveland, Ohio, is a division of MarketResearch.com.
Web Site: http://www.freedoniafocusreports.com