James Mahoney of Eastern Oil Co. in Peekskill, N.Y., received the Service Manager of the Year award at the OESP awards banquet, held during the Eastern Energy Expo in Hersey, Pa. Mahoney has worked at Eastern Oil for 37 years. He remembers attending monthly dinners sponsored by what was then the National Association of Oil Heating Service Managers, where as a 25-year-old he would “pick the brains of the old guys” for tips on how to deal with various challenges. Now the younger attendees of OESP meetings pick his brains. “And I love that!” Mahoney said.
Chris Montalvo was awarded the Dan Holohan Grant. The award was created for an instructor at an HVAC college or technical high school who wants to continue education or purchase tools or books for their classroom.
Other OESP award winners:
- Lou Ehrich Memorial Associate of the Year Award: Bob Bruno
- Manufacturer of the Year: Boyertown Furnace, accepted by Rosemarie Bartchak
- Lifetime Achievement Award: John Beckett
- Instructor of the Year: Berkley Little
- Hugh W. McKee Memorial Award: Al Breda
- Board of Directors Award: Jason Mangos