NEFI Publishes Compliance Kit on Federal Hazmat Registration

The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA) requires hazardous material transporters to register and pay a fee in return for a certificate of operation. Transporters who have registration certificates that expire in 2008 must have renewed by July 1, 2008. This regulation applies to anyone that transports hazardous materials, including motor fuel, heating fuel and off-road diesel fuel dealers. If the vehicles are placarded, then a transporter must comply. This requirement used to apply only to inter-state HAZMAT transporters, but in recent years was expanded to apply to all HAZMAT transporters.

NEFI has published a members-only compliance kit on HAZMAT registration. A copy was sent to all members that registered their e-mail address with NEFI. If you have not yet received a copy, contact the David Huffman of the NEFI Legislative & Regulatory Action Center at (617) 923-5022 or

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also
Back to top button