On October 25, 2014, members and supporters of the Hudson Valley Oil & Energy Council (HVOEC) will once again join together for the organization’s Annual Person of the Year Dinner Dance. Historically, the Dinner Dance has been the HVOEC’s biggest fundraising event, and this year is expected to be bigger than ever thanks to their unique selection of honorees. In celebration of the Annual Dinner Dance’s 25th anniversary, instead of choosing one ‘Person of the Year,” the HVOEC will honor the work of six local charities ‘ one for each county the association represents ‘ and present each one with a donation of $2,000.00.
‘A strong desire to serve is a common value held by all members of the Hudson Valley Oil & Energy Council,” says HVOEC former Vice President Eli Van Etten. ‘As the 25th Annual HVOEC Person of the Year Dinner Dance approaches, the council has decided to give back to the local charities in the communities that support us with their business and loyalty.”
The charities and nonprofit organizations to be awarded include:
· Sullivan County Federation for the Homeless, which operates the only soup kitchen in Sullivan County;
· Arc of Putnam County, which serves over 600 children and adults with disabilities;
· Family of Woodstock Inc., which provides crisis intervention services throughout Ulster County;
· Dutchess County SPCA, which provides rescue, shelter, and secure permanent homes for adoptable companion animals, advocates for the highest standards of animal care, and enforces animal cruelty laws throughout Dutchess County;
· VISIONS Services for the Blind, which assists blind and visually impaired people of all ages in Rockland County and throughout New York;
· Safe Homes of Orange County, which provides emergency, non-emergency and wrap-around services for individuals and families affected by domestic violence.
Beginning at 6:30 PM at Anthony’s Pier 9 in New Windsor, N.Y., the HVOEC 25th Annual Person of the Year Dinner Dance will be attended by guests representing energy retailers, home comfort companies and associated businesses throughout the Hudson Valley Region. The cost of attendance is $150 per plate and includes a souvenir journal highlighting the community work and accomplishments of the HVOEC and its 24 past Persons of the Year. It promises to be a fun and positive experience for all.
For more information on attending the Hudson Valley Oil & Energy Council 25th Anniversary Person of the Year Dinner Dance, or for sponsorship opportunities, visit their website hudsonvalleyoilandenergycouncil.com or contact Christina Vazquez at (845-691-6246 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact Eli Van Etten at (845-794-5511 or email@example.com). To become a member of the Hudson Valley Oil & Energy Council, click here.