Shane Sweet, executive director/technical director for the New York Propane Gas Association, announced that he is leaving his position at the end of March.
Sweet told Fuel Oil News that he was leaving to pursue an opportunity with a mid-Atlantic-based distributorship and consultancy, Van Smith Company.
An energy industry veteran, Sweet is a former executive director of the Vermont Fuel Dealers Association and former CEO of the New England Fuel Institute. He is also a columnist for Fuel Oil News.
Sweet’s departure comes after a tenure of more than four years at NYPGA. He said that during that time the association grew to nearly 285 member companies. Further, Sweet said that under his leadership the association recorded the following gains:
- 40+% increase in paid member companies
- 240% increase in top-tier corporate sponsorships, putting over $50,000 in non-dues revenue on the books annually
- 25% to 100% increase in attendance at association conferences, when comparing Spring, Summer and Fall events since 2014
- 600% increase in the number of industry contacts NYPGA reaches with its weekly Updates
- 50% increase in offerings of safety and training classes
In a Feb. 11 email, Sweet said there was no information available regarding a successor as head of the NYPGA. Sweet can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-558-6101 cell-text.
PICTURED: Shane Sweet
Photo provided by Shane Sweet.