- In 2005, Woodford Oil acquired the petroleum assets of J.D. Kiser, Inc. A family-owned distributorship, founded in 1941, it was a supplier of fuels and lubricants to commercial and industrial customers throughout eastern Kentucky and southern West Virginia. The acquisition complemented Woodford Oil’s existing fuel operation, and also established Woodford Oil as a major distributor of lubricants throughout the Appalachian region.
- In 2006, Woodford Oil purchased the Hess Oil Company of Elkins, W. Va. Hess Oil distributed the Exxon, Marathon, and BP brands to many dealers as well as serving the petroleum needs of commercial and residential customers throughout West Virginia.
- In 2008, Woodford Oil acquired Beckley Oil’s petroleum operation in Marlinton, W.Va. This acquisition gave Woodford Oil the opportunity to expand its distribution area.
- In 2013, Woodford Oil acquired Elite Petroleum of Danville, Ky. This acquisition bolstered Woodford’s overall lubricants business as well as extending Woodford’s market footprint into central Kentucky.
- In 2015, Woodford Oil acquired Guttman Energy’s wholesale petroleum distribution business in West Virginia. This acquisition strengthened Woodford Oil’s product and service offerings to commercial, industrial and government customers in West Virginia and across Woodford’s six-state service area.