The Connecticut Energy Marketers Association announced that it will hold its 70th annual meeting at the Mohegan Sun Casino, Uncasville, Conn., on Oct. 13. For event information, including exhibiting, sponsorships and registration, visit www.cemaannualmeeting.weebly.com/.
The association’s golf outing is scheduled for the day before the meeting—Monday, Oct. 12—at the Great River Golf Club in Milford, Conn. For more information, visit https://cemagolf.weebly.com/.
“We are very mindful of the health and safety of attendees, even as COVID has almost wound down in Connecticut as of this writing (only 20 new cases on July 14),” the association notes on the registration website for the meeting. The website details the precautions that will be taken:
1. The conference area at Mohegan Sun we’re using is new construction, and has an air handling system with UV HEPA filters isolated from the rest the casino.
2. Every entering attendee will get a temperature check, and will not be admitted if they have a fever.
3. Every entering attendee will sign an affidavit acknowledging that they have no COVID-like symptoms, been exposed to persons with COVID, or recently traveled to states or countries being interdicted by Connecticut.
4. Every attendee will be required to wear a mask except when eating.
5. All education will be held in a single general session ballroom with social distancing between seats (the ballroom can seat 540 people but it will be set for 175).
6. Likewise seating at the luncheon will involve social distancing where tables that can be set for 8-10 guests will only seat 4 (but related parties can sit together).
7. You can go from the hotel where we have a room block, the Earth Tower, to the Earth Convention Center, where our meeting will be, without ever entering the casino.