A natural gas explosion left 15 people injured in Stafford Township, N.J.
The explosion occurred on the morning of Tuesday February 24th as gas crews were attempting to find the source of the leak in a nearby 2-inch main.
Investigators told the Associated Press that the gas traveled along a water pipe into an unoccupied house. They said an appliance likely sparked the gas buildup; though which appliance is unknown because of the extent of the damage.
Two workers were critically injured and airlifted to nearby hospitals. One remained in critical condition at an Atlantic City trauma center Wednesday.
Emergency responders had already advised surrounding residents to evacuate due to a heavy gas smell in the area.
Take a look at the frightening video below, courtesy of Barnegat-Manahawkin Patch.